All of Us!

All of Us!
Finally! All together with enough time to spare (??) to capture a picture of all six of us in the same spot, same time. Now this is a precious photo! I tried to get one last year for our Christmas card and didn't succeed. So when I had the chance I threw out the lasso and rounded everyone up (at my niece's graduation party) to grab a couple snapshots. My oldest son, Casey, and his girlfriend Nika are on the left; and my youngest son, Brady, and his girlfriend Jenne on the right; that leaves Bob and I in the center. (Bob is the one who doesn't look very happy about having his picture taken!!)

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

First Day - New Day

Okay, I wasn’t sure of myself and if this is something I really wanted to do. But, hey, we all should try new things. And, if we fail, we fail. But if we succeed, then it was all worth it. Each day is a series of steps, some up and some down. Today, this first day of a new day, I am going up. Anyone care to join me?

First, let me start off by saying my life is pretty normal. Normal but busy. I am no longer the "soccer" mom – although it was never soccer in my life. It was baseball (I coached little league and my youngest son was a star in high school), and football (I started a youth football program for my area and became the first female director in the league – truly a man’s world), and track (my oldest son was a high school star, too). Now I deal with life after the boys have flown the coop. It is just me and the "old man" (even though he is younger than I am). I entered a new world almost 3 years ago when I was diagnosed as a Type I diabetic (its in the genes, inherited from my father) but I was a rare case being diagnosed at 47. So now I deal with 5 insulin shots a day and a weight gain of 60 pounds. I’m a paralegal and my husband is a dairy farmer. We have a full life. I am also the family "go-to" person. My mother is still alive, but as the oldest daughter, I don’t mind being that person. Living life for and with my family is what makes me – me. I thrive on having a full day – it’s my day and I want to live it to the fullest.

I’m like you, you’re like me – maybe in different ways but every woman starts out their day with new paths, new journeys.

So, this is my journey. These are my days and if you care to come along, you can see what it is like to experience a new day with an everyday woman. We can talk, we can share. Let the journey begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment