All of Us!

All of Us!
Finally! All together with enough time to spare (??) to capture a picture of all six of us in the same spot, same time. Now this is a precious photo! I tried to get one last year for our Christmas card and didn't succeed. So when I had the chance I threw out the lasso and rounded everyone up (at my niece's graduation party) to grab a couple snapshots. My oldest son, Casey, and his girlfriend Nika are on the left; and my youngest son, Brady, and his girlfriend Jenne on the right; that leaves Bob and I in the center. (Bob is the one who doesn't look very happy about having his picture taken!!)

Sunday, March 7, 2010

When The Men In Your Life Don't Mind Sharing You

I just wanted to let you know that I have another man in my life. He is strong, steady and even tempered. He treats me well when I treat him well, but I have been ignoring him lately. I’ve had to spend so much time with my Aunt that I have forgotten about him, or at least he is in the back of my mind but I just haven’t had the time or am too tired to spend the time with him that I have wanted to. I used to spend time with him twice a day and it was good. I ignored him around the holidays, but then picked up sometime after the new year, but with my Aunt’s health in decline, I stopped seeing him again.
 
But as of a few days ago, I have tried to change that. I need to be more selfish and spend time with him because if I do, it will be good for me. Good for my spirit, good for my physical health, good for my emotional/mental health. The nice part about it is that my hubby doesn’t mind me seeing this other man. Who is this man that Bob doesn’t mind me dating? His name is Mr. Treadmill and we have started a daily date again.
 
I had my quarterly diabetes A1C lab tests done earlier this last week. And, although my A1C went down by .1, it still is not in the good range. I’m shooting for the good range right now; I’ll shoot for the excellent range once I meet that goal. Goals are something that you take one step at a time or they might not be achievable. The day after I had the test, I started dating Mr. Treadmill again. Once a day for now, because that is all the time and energy I have for now. As my Aunt’s health progresses, so will my dates with this man who waits in the background for me every day. He doesn’t get mad at me if I miss a day, because he knows I will do that myself. He doesn’t ignore me, because I’m the one who can usually do that best.
 
So, instead I have ignited the flame again to do it for me and know that he will always be there waiting for me. Not every day that you can meet a man like that, so it is nice that I have two in my house. And the good part is . . . neither is jealous over the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment